Come Dance With Us!Jazz students study a broad range of jazz styles including Broadway, classical jazz, Funk, Fosse, etc. Class starts with proper stretching techniques to enhance strength & flexibility, followed by progressions, emphasizing turns, jumps, leaps, and kicks.
If your kid loves popular and classic music, stylized and energetic movement, then jazz dance is for you. All styles of classical, ethnic, and contemporary jazz music are used to express the variety of jazz dance styles enjoyed by both dancers and audiences today. Jazz is a technical class that develops skill, performance and musicality.
- • Classes are structured into 30 minutes.
- • Classes are separated by age: Dolls ages 6-8, Divas ages 9-11 and Dynamites ages 12+.
- • Technique will be the primary focus for the first three months of the season.
- • Dancers will begin learning their Showcase routine in December.
- • The season runs from September until the June showcase.
- • All Jazz students must perform in the June showcase.
- • Each Jazz routine requires a costume to be purchased.
- • Jazz shoes are required for class and can be ordered at the front desk during registration.