Come Dance With Us!Lyrical dance is a dance style that blends jazz, contemporary, modern and ballet techniques. A lyrical dancer uses movement to express strong emotions such as love, joy, sadness and anger interpreting the lyrics of a song. Movements in lyrical dance are characterized by fluidity and grace, with the dancer flowing from one move to another. Lyrical is a great way for the older dancer to express themselves through the art of dance and movement.
- • Classes are structured into 30 minutes.
- • Classes are separated by age: Divas ages 9-11 and Dynamites ages 12+.
- • Technique will be the primary focus for the first three months of the season.
- • Dancers will begin learning their Showcase routine in December.
- • The season runs from September until the June showcase.
- • All Lyrical students must perform in the June showcase.
- • Each Lyrical routine requires a costume to be purchased.
- • Lyrical shoes are required and can be ordered at the front desk during registration.