Learn and Grow in our Preschool Dance ProgramA great dance education for preschoolers balances structured dance curriculum with fun, engaging activities. Have your child experience what makes our classes great including nurturing teachers and a program that brings out each dancer’s strengths. We are excited to welcome you into our successful preschool dance program.
This class is for 3-5 year olds and teaches the fundamentals of tap dance, the basics of classical ballet and the joy of creative movement. The goal is to introduce young dancers to rhythmic movement and the elegance and magic of dance in a positive environment.
Age appropriate work is introduced in these disciplines each week that develops the young dancer in a fun, creative and systematic way. Dancers will learn basic steps and terminology in ballet. Students will use the ballet barre to learn traditional technique. Tap will combine the study of rhythm, precision and fluidity of movement. Creative movement and tumbling will include simple isolations, turns, jumps, leaps, balance tricks and rolls. The use of fun, age appropriate music engages the young dancers’ minds and bodies. The use of props such as maracas, stuffed animals, flowers, or scarves makes the end of class the most fun!
Students should meet the minimum age requirement of the class by September 11th.
- • Class is structured into 60 minutes.
- • The class will focus primarily on technique for the first three months of the season.
- • Dancers will start to learn their tap routine and ballet routine in December for the June showcase.
- • The season begins in September and ends at the June showcase.
- • A costume must be purchased for each routine.
- • Tap and ballet shoes are required for this class.